Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not bad for a Wednesday

So far today I've:

- been awoken by a flock of geese flying (rather low, it sounded like) over my house, which was pretty cool but definitely would have been substantially more cool if it hadn't been at 5:00 in the morning.

- gone running on a trail next to the ocean.  These were not the easiest 2.5 miles I've ever done (who put bricks in my shoes?), but I ran them anyway. You know you're sluggish when even Rob Zombie in your earbuds won't get you sprinting.

- eaten guacamole and tortilla chips (breakfast of champions) with a cup of coffee and a spinach-fruit smoothie.

- done a bunch of work stuff that I don't have any desire to blog about.

Later today I'll:

- eat grilled, marinated chicken (and hopefully some vegetables. details.) for dinner with my wonderful chef of a husband, either sitting in our backyard or watching a thunderstorm through the kitchen window.

- make a batch of chocolate peanut butter ice cream with our new ice cream maker (hurrah!)

- finish up a garter stitch sweater I've been working on and figure out what I should knit next. Maybe.

Who else is having a pretty-good day?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

that sounds like the best breakfast ever! also, any day anyone spends running is a productive day (says me the lazy girl typing on her computer)

craftosaurus said...

Yeah, it was pretty rad. I do love me some avocados!

... and I'm jusssst shy of getting back to the point where going running is routine, and not-running throws the whole day off. Gotta shake the last vestiges of "ugh, running.

Fireplace Repair Palmdale said...

Very nnice post