What better way to spend New Year's Eve than moving a large piece of furniture. That's what you guys all did too, right?
I've been keeping an eye out on craigslist, at thrift stores, and the like for furniture we'd like to have in our new house. A desk for the semi-finished basement. More dining chairs. They're things we don't necessarily need right away, so we have the luxury of waiting for just the right whatever-it-is.
The other day I found just the right desk listed on craigslist for $50. I asked if the seller would take $40, and thankfully they took that and weren't offended. Also thankfully, my parents have an SUV big enough to move furniture (and thankfully they let us borrow it). The Awesome Husband and I drove over to pick it up in the evening on New Year's Eve. It's bigger in person than I expected, but (one more time!) thankfully we found that the top and bottom could be moved separately. We ended up making two trips, but we got the whole thing moved and set up in about two hours.
I'm so stinkin' excited about this desk. It's exactly what we didn't know we wanted to find, for a fraction of the price we were expecting to pay.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow, that's gorgeous!
Thanks! I went downstairs a couple times yesterday just to look at it. :)
Post a Comment