Tuesday, November 15, 2011

our street is ready for thanksgiving

No, this isn't the Thinking Post.  I'm still mulling.

I'm also enjoying the wonderfully incongruous place where we live.  500 yards away is a busy road, three gas stations, and an access point to the highway. But 15 yards away? Turkeys. Eleven of them.  We've seen them several times this week, so clearly they live around here.

As long as they don't leave beak-shaped dents in our cars, I'm psyched to have them as neighbors.

5 comments:

Justin said...

Did I ever tell you guys about the time a turkey hit my car? I was driving down this side street and I see this turkey literally trotting out to the street from behind this house. It trotted at my car, lightly bopped it’s face against my passenger door, then immediately turned around and trotted back into the woods behind the house.

Justin said...

Blarg! "its" face, not "it's" face. That gonna bug me.

Kate Not Katy said...

Have I told you the story of my little cat stalking the turkey in the backyard this summer? Funniest thing ever!

What does Cecil think of the turkeys?

Farmer Jo said...

That is so cool!

craftosaurus said...

I love how this is bringing up others' turkey interaction stories!