Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's only cute because I know it isn't poisonous.

Category: "Blog Post Titles I Never Thought I'd Use"
Items: 1


This'll be the last garden post of 2011. I think so, anyway. We still have leeks growing, but those will show up in a cooking post, not a gardening post. A garden version would involve some truly boring pictures. Snoozefest.

Anyway, I had my camera with me in the yard a couple months ago because I'd been taking pictures of whatever flowers were in bloom that day. The universe completely enabled my tendency to be lazy very efficient when making trips back in the house, and rewarded me for still having the camera in the pocket of my jacket when I'd moved on to the weeding of the overgrown vegetable garden* -- I spied a visitor next to one of the raised beds, and it was kind enough to model for me.


Have a good winter, my friend. Please stick around and eat more of our bugs next year -- I suspect there will be plenty to offer.


*For those of you who don't garden or didn't pick up on the context clues here: weeding an overgrown vegetable garden is decidedly not a photographically important pursuit.

6 comments:

Social Ninja said...

What a lovely picture he let you get of him!

craftosaurus said...

I know! I suspect it had a lot to do with fear paralysis. I actually had several minutes and got a bunch of photos, but they all look pretty much the same.

Farmer Jo said...

So can not handle snakes! I am impressed you got close enough to take the photo.

craftosaurus said...

There are no poisonous snakes that live here, so knowing that definitely helped. If we lived in another part of the country, I'd take a very different approach, for sure.

Social Ninja said...

Is it okay if I save your snake picture to use to teach a couple of my coworker how to manipulate images in Photoshop?
It's perfect for the 'This is how a certain local photog makes his pictures look more vibrant than real life' lesson.

craftosaurus said...

Sure! (and thanks for checking :) )