Friday, September 7, 2012

in bloom: pale pink daylilies



Apparently 2012 was the Year of the Daylily around here.  I've already done posts on two different varieties this summer.  We'll, they were different colors and they didn't bloom at the same time, so I'm assuming they're different varieties. 

The pale pink ones were my favorite, though.  My fourteen-year-old self, who hated frilliness and being called cute, would probably engage in much eyerolling about that.  That's ok, though.  They're just plain pretty. 

They're also likely to be the last "in bloom" post this year.  Cue relief or disappointment.  I'm pretty sure everything in the garden now that's gearing up for the end of the season was the subject of a post last year already.  (Though, now that I've said that, watch some beautiful dark horse of a weed turn up next week...)



2 comments:

tearinguphouses said...

GORGEOUS. i wish you lived in my garden. i managed to kill two rosebushes last week alone.

craftosaurus said...

Thanks! And don't feel bad about the roses. They're more high-maintenance than I've ever been willing to take on, so kudos to you for trying. If you want suggestions for things that are easy-peasy, let me know.