Thursday, August 9, 2012

in bloom: front yard daylilies


When we were given several types of daylily plants last summer, I wasn't entirely sure which varieties would bloom with which color flowers, and which should go where.  As they sat, waiting to be planted, for probably more days than was advisable, I realized it was better to just get them in the ground and hope for the best.  So, at the end of the day, we ended up with the funky, exotic maroon daylilies in the backyard, and these salmony-peach ones in the garden along the front of the house.

They're ok.  I mean, they're flowers, so they're pretty.  They're very close to the traditional orange color of daylilies all over the place, but not quite, and I'm not sure if I think that's good in a we-know-they're-different sort of way, or annoying in a they-just-look-boring sort of way.

Either way, they help the front of the house look more interesting, and they're relatively maintenance free, so they get to stay!


No comments: