At the beginning of August, I'd given up on some other things I'd allocated space to that weren't succeeding either (thanks a lot, cucumbers), so I used that section of the garden to give the kale one last shot. Finally, they've germinated.
To celebrate, here's a salad I made a few weeks ago, using grocery store kale (BOR-ing, but what can you do?). Hopefully it'll be in the rotation again before the end of the summer, if the stuff in the garden can keep from being eaten by bugs and woodland creatures.
Sweet Potato Kale Salad
Big bowl full of kale, washed and torn into piecesSweet potato, peeled and chopped
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Lemon juice
Garlic, 2-4 cloves, minced
Chives, to taste, minced
Feta
Roast the sweet potatoes, tossed with olive oil and kosher salt, in a baking pan at 400F until they're soft in the middle and browned on the edges. I think I stirred them around at about 15 minutes, and they may have needed another 10, but it depends on how small the pieces are chopped.
Add the chives, garlic, feta, a splash of lemon juice, and a splash of olive oil to the big bowl full of kale. Plop the sweet potatoes, piping hot and right out of the oven, on top of everything else and toss.
That's it! Enjoy!

2 comments:
YUM! I love anything sweet tater and kale!
I am a big fan of miso creamed kale. I can down pounds of kale this way.
Oooh, miso creamed kale? That sounds interesting!
Post a Comment