That right there is this year's golden raspberry haul. So far. Mind you, that's a gallon bag. We freeze each day's berries and then add them to the bag so they're usable without having to thaw them all or chip away at a monolithic mass of berryness.
There are still lots of them on the plants, green, tiny, and waiting for more sunshine, so I'm hoping the weather will hold out for a while longer. I heard the phrase "frost warning" as part of a recent forecast, though for now I don't think it covers this area specifically. I'm excited for the return of sweater weather, but we don't need to go straight to parkas.


2 comments:
Our new house has golden raspberries too! They are just wonderful :) We aren't freezing them though, straight off the bush into our mouths.
Nothing wrong with that approach! :)
Post a Comment