Last year in the spring we had tulips, daffodils, and one lonely iris cheering up the front of our house. The tulips and daffodils took a nosedive this year (I've since learned that you apparently do need to replant them each year if they're to look impressive), but thankfully the irises are picking up the slack. The other day I counted eighteen (EIGHTEEN) buds, and now they're starting to open.

Man, I do hate those house shingles (which is a story for another day and a project for another year). To avoid them, I walked in behind the plants and took some photos facing away from the house.

Annnd, this angle shows off our lovely sandy beach. I mean lawn. Awesome!



I thought I'd go out on a high note with the power lines there. At least the irises are pretty!
7 comments:
they look awesome! we have some irises in our yard too. We had poppies at our old apt and that is one of the only things I miss about it!
POPPIES! I love poppies ever so much!
Thanks for the compliment (and all the comments! you're such a sweetheart. welcome!)
They're soaking up all the sun today, a lot of them are open now. I'm so happy they're doing so well!
Iris EXPLOSION!
I'm confused about your tulips... is it a zone/climate thing? My tulips might change color slightly year to year (the black ones aren't as dark as they should be every single year) but they come back and multiply too. Haven't we established we're in the same zone??
If they didn't come up at all I wonder about moles or voles.
Hmm, we're in zone 5 - you are too, right? We had foliage but no flowers on about three quarters of the tulips, and they were all much shorter than they were last year.
I don't know what's going on, but I've resolved to buy more tulip bulbs for next year!
Oh weird! I've never heard of that, interesting. New bulbs are a must every fall, aren't they? I've been getting into alliums lately, scored a bunch from a neighbor. More this fall!
Post a Comment