We're officially half way through Cecil's heartworm treatment recovery period, which means we have three weeks left to go. Three more weeks of keeping a not-yet-three-year-old dog "as calm as possible" cannot end soon enough, folks. He's visibly frustrated with not being able to expend all his puppy energy (and three guesses how us humans feel about that).
Thankfully the rainy, dreary weather seems to be keeping him a bit more chilled out this week. Senor Stupendous sent me the above photographic proof this morning; I'm thankful for that, too.
Now, based on that picture, who else is jealous of his existence? Forced confinement and inactivity aside, of course...


4 comments:
I didn't know Cecil had heartworm. How did you find that out? I worry that Fievel will get it sometimes.
The only way they can get heartworms is from a mosquito bite, so make sure he's up to date on preventive heartworm meds and you should be all set.
We found out from a blood test at his spring check-up. It takes at least 6 months to even be detectable, which means he contracted it before we got him, and probably before he arrived in our New England (he's from the south).
aw. hope the pup feels better soon! our cat had heartworms and I know it isn't fun to deal with.
Thanks, Lisa! I didn't know cats could get heartworms. I hope she (he?) is all healthy now!
Post a Comment