Monday, June 13, 2011

lovely weekend

Once again, the weekend wasn't as productive as I'd have liked. Really, isn't that always the way? Perhaps I should have posted an ATDL (warning: that is one boring bunch of posts there) for the sake of accountability. The outdoor agenda items got rained out, so gardening, vacuuming the cars, and kayaking will have to wait.

As it was, I cleaned the fridge and sorted through about 80% of my clothes to put the winter ones in storage and send a fair amount of them on their merry way to Goodwill. I vacuumed Saturday morning -- and lamented the pet hair covering the carpet on Sunday evening, so thank goodness the pets are cute -- and did several loads of laundry.

I also woke up Saturday morning to find Senor Terrific standing at the stove, flipping pancakes.



And I put the finishing touches on a sweater I knit.



(It's getting a mention instead of its own post because I don't love it. It's cotton, and it's pretty heavy, so the weight of the sleeves causes the neckline to slip off my shoulders. I might re-knit it at some point in a different kind of yarn.)

Perhaps most exciting, we were able to take Mr. Cecil on walks over the weekend. He got clearance for 10-minute walks as of Wednesday. I didn't get any shots of us actually walking (or, um, exuberantly jumping around with excitement and trying to keep the heart patient calm, respectively), but I do have this one, which I'll use just because I like it so:

No comments: