Those pearls of wisdom that are widely accepted as generally accurate? Yeah, sometimes they're spot on.
Like "don't go to the grocery store when you're hungry." There's a reason they say that. And if "they" knew me better, they'd have been wise to add "...and just went to the gym, thus increasing said hunger as well as the ability to rationalize questionable food purchases based on recent exercise."
I'll say this, though: yesterday's lunch of impulse purchases (cheese, crackers, salami, and wine) was delicious.

5 comments:
I cannot go to the store when hungry, or else I buy way more food. Heck, I can barely make it out of the co-op at lunchtime without picking up at least $20 worth of supplementary groceries. Which wouldn't be so bad, except I do this three or four times a week.
I know! What is that? Even when I'm not super hungry, I simply cannot be limited to a list. And I must buy two of most things.... Because clearly it will be TRAGIC if we run out of cereal. Oy.
We were a little hungry the last time we went. Mr Ninja put three different boxes of cereal in the cart. Three! In case there is a cereal shortage in the next month I guess?
I suppose it's not all bad though. I tend to impulse buy things like fresh (because they look tasty) or frozen (because they're on sale) fruits & veggies.
Clearly that saying isn't true - that lunch sounds delicious!
Megan, GOOD POINT.
Post a Comment