I promise you, this has nothing to do with the fact that it's January, but I've decided that I need to get more exercise.
It has quite a lot to do with the fact that I injured my foot in September and spent over a month waiting for it to heal. In that time I got out of the habit of exercising more days than I don't. As it turns out, five weeks is more than enough time for work to fill a schedule vacuum, and for 10 hour days to begin feeling oddly not painful. As it also turns out, it's much, much easier to go from 8 hour days to 10 hour days than it is to make the reverse transition.
But! Recognition is half the battle, right? Well, 30% anyway.* And so, tomorrow, I shall start the day with exercise. I was all psyched to go to the gym, but the weather and the fact that the roads aren't heated around here aren't cooperating, so the more likely option is that I'll be punching my little heart out in 8 games of wii boxing.
*Ha, my phone autocorrected "anyway" to "amnesty." Fitting.

3 comments:
I have been running more lately. It was a struggle at first, but then I recognized that it's been doing wonders for my mood. I hope more exercise does wonders for you too.
That's so true about it being hard to scale your work day back (rather than increase it). Totally worth the effort, but not easy! Good luck!
Thanks, L and Sara!
Post a Comment