Friday, January 20, 2012

What's on your list?

Hey you guys, it Friday!  And I'm in a really good mood! 

I have a few ideas for upcoming posts, but they all require an actual computer instead of a smartphone, so today you get a Second String Gratitude List.  Here's what I'm thankful for today (other than the big stuff like my husband, my health, etc.):

- We got the perfect amount of snow overnight.  Everything is really pretty but most of the roads are clear.

- I may have found a new healthy(ish) go-to cake recipe.  I say "may" because it hasn't been sampled yet, as it's for a potluck event later today.  Even if it's a flop, though, I might still make the recipe again just to eat the batter with a spoon.  It was that good.

- I finally found a way to use a fun little piece of patterned fabric that I've had for years in my outfit today.  I wrapped it around my waist like a belt and pinned it with a brooch.  Ta-dah!  Apparently I'm thankful, at least in part, for being a packrat.

- Last week I put in an online request at the library (thankful for that in itself, for sure) for a workout DVD that I've used before and is really challenging (30 Day Shred, anyone?). It's ready to be picked up today, so this weekend my muscles will be hurtin' but my mood and self-confidence won't.  

- I'm planning a day trip next week that'll give me the opportunity to hang out with a lot of really cool peeps.  Yay that I know cool peeps, obviously, but also yay for being able to take a day off from work to do something fun.

What are you psyched about today?

6 comments:

Farmer Jo said...

I have been loving the library for all sorts of things, but my surprise has been all the workout videos. I love having one for a week, getting bored and returning it.

The shred is HARD! :)

craftosaurus said...

It really is! If I can get to the point where I can do level 2, I'll be overjoyed.. That's a BIG if.

Kate Not Katy said...

I love that I can schedule both my doctors appointments and my haircuts online! Obviously not through the same website though. And I am also super psyched that for the first time in ELEVEN WEEKS I have nothing in my planner for this weekend. Zip zilch nada. Which means I get to do little boring things at home like hang pictures on the wall and fold laundry while watching 'Dowtown Abbey'.

craftosaurus said...

Amy and Kate: those are awesome reasons to look forward to this weekend!

Lynn said...

I agree - the Shred is hard. I will be happy when I can get through part 1 all they way and not have to take breaks.

craftosaurus said...

Lynn, true story. I've done level 1 two days in a row (not quite doing *everything* in it), and this morning I'm hurtin!