I made this recipe for German Chocolate cake, and it was excellent. It's not health food, but it also won't break the nutritional bank. Ordinarily, I'd type out a modified repice for you here, but since I didn't change anything (I KNOW, who am I?!), I'll just give you the link. America's Test Kitchen deserves all the credit here, for sure.
Oh wait, I did leave out the coconut it calls for on top of the cake. And I used walnuts instead of pecans because that's what we had in the house. Eh, those aren't substantial alterations (but I do feel better now and more like myself).
The other thing I might change,
As an added bonus, I got to use our cake stand. It keeps the cake from drying out and makes it extra stylin'.

2 comments:
looks delish! this will be my next baking endeavor...
Awesome! I hope it turns out just as tasty for you!
Post a Comment