Thursday, January 5, 2012

positive energy

Have you ever had That Day, where everything seems to go wrong, and you get discouraged because things are going wrong, and then you can very nearly FEEL additional Wrong Things coming your way because your discouragement acts as a beacon?

That was me yesterday. But it won't be me today!  I've decided to identify the good things happening to me (admittedly, there are some every day), harness that positive energy, and use it like a force field around myself to deflect the Spiraling Pit of Discouragememt.

So far today;

- An early morning meeting at work was cancelled.  Initially, I saw this as a Wrong Thing, but hey, I got my day started early, I had an unexpected hour to get things done, and I'm dressed a bit nicer than I would have been, had there been no meeting scheduled.

- A woman I don't know stopped me in the hallway to tell me how much she liked my sweater.  That in itself is lovely to hear, but she had no way of knowing that....

- I made the sweater I'm wearing today!

- I also found a box of rosemary olive oil triscuits in my desk that I'd forgotten about last week.  Say what you will about processed food, but sometimes it cheers you up.

Let's keep the positive energy going: what's going well for you today?

5 comments:

TheQueerBird said...

What is going well here? It's sunny out, my dogs are being sweet (instead of the monsters ONE of them is occasionally capable of being... I won't mention any names, but I'll admit that the one in question may be under a year old), and I am magically feeling productive rather than overwhelmed. I love your sweater story! Yay for wonderful days!

craftosaurus said...

Oooh, good puppy behavior is the best! I bet that's contributing to you feeling productive, too. Yay!

pollyhyper said...

I went back to my first yoga class in over a year last night and I do not feel like I was hit by a car today! Also, today my belt is too big, even on the smallest buckle hole. :D

craftosaurus said...

Go, pollyhyper! *highfive!*

Bread and Circuses said...

Our plumbing problem is still not a problem. Somehow. Woo!