We organized a few key areas of the house yesterday. Kitchen drawers full of clutter, a bookshelf overflowing with non-book items that really should live elsewhere, that sort of thing. I neglected to take any photos of the disorganization that existed before and the results aren't so meticulous or impressive that they merit visual proof, but trust me, it makes me feel better to have a drawer housing tupperware containers instead of, among other things, four rolls of packing tape and a phone book we never use.
I did take this photo, though, of something we decided to keep in the midst of decluttering. In the summer, I can get vegetables to grow and thrive in the yard, but with house plants my green thumb is hit or miss. This little guy has new growth appearing despite an embarrassingly long period of neglect. It's earned the space it takes up in the house and a chance to bounce back.
We shall see. If it continues to flourish, it'll be nice to have this reference point of how closely it brushed with death.


4 comments:
Ooh, I see succulents on Pinterest constantly and always want to try my hand - I feel reassured that they can survive severe neglect!
Yep! At the very least, they can hold on to the last threads of survival and look utterly pathetic for months on end. Hooray?
I'm the same way with plants. I can't keep a house plant alive. Unfortunately, I've had no luck with growing things outside either. So I guess I'm not the same as you at all.
Yeah, I think it might have to do with plants in containers, versus in the ground... ;)
Post a Comment