We'd decided that yesterday, I would pick up an ink pad from the craft store near my office, and he would pick up stamps for our RSVP return envelopes because he works near a post office. At the end of the day, we'd convene and start assembling and addressing invitations, all to be adorned with the stamp we had made (hence the ink pad) that arrived a few weeks ago and that we're still disproportionately excited about.
Ok. Back to the topic. My wonderful, helpful, adorable fiance bought stamps and brought them home. It was one of the most amusing moments of wedding planning we've had so far (though I'm not sure if anything will top this). I looked at the three sheets of stamps in his hand and inquired if there were no other choices, and he said he didn't state a preference when asked. I've never advocated having us invest in personalized wedding postage, but I'd sort of assumed we'd go with, you know, flowers or something. But these will get the envelopes where they need to go just fine.
At least they support a cause we both agree with: adopt pets that need homes, folks!

This concludes our unintentional wedding-related public service announcement.

2 comments:
My friend used hands don't hurt stamps - the stop domestic violence ones.
We thought it was a good public service announcement, but odd of the wedding invites. :)
Healthy relationships sort of makes sense with weddings... pet adoption, not so much. :)
Post a Comment