Thursday, June 17, 2010

Garden update

Not the best picture, I know, but the veggies look great in person.

We've had lots of spinach already (in it's traditional form, and in fruit smoothies! extra nutrition and almost no change in taste. the same goes for beet greens.)  Hopefully edible peas are just around the corner. For now, we need to ramp up our salad consumption; the light green plants in the front there are lettuce.

The flowers update is as follows:  they're slow.

3 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

I need to up my spinach intake. It's SO good for you.

You should post some recipes.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have some tomatoes, and our lettuce is out of control. I'm waiting hopefully for peas and beans, and wondering if the cucumbers, squash and peppers are EVER going to grow.

Gardening is fun! It's like waiting, but with the possibilty of produce!

craftosaurus said...

MOMP, you have *tomatoes* already? For real? Ours are way at the back in that picture, and we don't have so much as a blossom on the plants.

Kelly, you know what's healthier than a smoothie with spinach in it? A smoothie with spinach and blueberries. And yeah, I'll do recipes. Sort of. You've seen what I consider a recipe, right?