Got up this morning and had cereal with fresh strawberries for breakfast, with french vanilla coffee.
Ran a 5k with Mr. Terrific. Well, we started together -- about a quarter mile in I started listening to music and he ran ahead. Just how terrific is he? He stopped to help an elderly gentleman who'd been overcome by the exertion of the race and today's humidity, rather than power through the last stretch before the finish line to have the fastest possible time. That's how terrific. I was several minutes behind him and ended up clocking in about two minutes faster than the race we ran on Mother's Day. I was pretty unprepared for that one though, so "two minutes faster" is still pretty slow.
Had the best sandwich ever for lunch. Avocado, lettuce, and tomato on wheat. It haunts me still. A bottle of Coal Porter along with it rounded out a possibly perfect lunch. (Not bad for a beer I initially tried years ago almost exclusively because of the name. Thankfully it's not only punny, but also delicious.)
Spent the afternoon with Mr. Terrific's dad to celebrate Father's Day, and we'll be having dinner with my dad.
Thunderstorms are supposed to roll in this evening.
The pea plants finally have flowers on them.
I like today.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That DOES sound like a great day! Yay on the 5k!
Kelly
p.s. All right, I've got to find out what this Coal Porter business is about...
If you like porter, yes, definitely, seek this stuff out. It's brewed in Maine, so I don't know if it would be available in Florida... fingers crossed that it is!
Post a Comment