Friday, June 4, 2010

Good Food Day

Today is an exceptionally great day in terms of good food. And by good, I mean tasty and nutritious and home-grown or home-cooked where possible.

Breakfast: bran flakes with fresh blueberries and soy milk. I don't know why, but I think this is one of the best combinations ever. Bran flakes and blueberries and regular milk just isn't the same.

Lunch: leftover grilled chicken, marinated in soy sauce, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Salad with avocado. There's other stuff in the salad, but I'm most excited about the avocado.

Dinner: not sure yet, but I know it'll involve fresh spinach. From our garden. Taking over our garden, more like (but in a good way). Ideas for recipes are welcome.

Snack: homemade granola with roasted oats and walnuts. The pre-roasting is key, although of course does not apply to the also-included raisins or chocolate chips.

Tomorrow will be yummy as well, but healthy/wholesome/unprocessed, not so much: hot dogs grilled over charcoal!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

That all sounds delish! Including the processed meat sticks cooked in carcinogens.

I LOVE me some carcinogen cooking!

craftosaurus said...

Mmmmmm, processed meat sticks.... :)