As you may have guessed, The Awesome Fiance and I are planning a wedding that will, in many ways, depart from some of what we see as somewhat antiquated marital traditions. We've been joking about how quick the ceremony will be, what with the lack of the pomp and circumstance associated with organized religion. Don't blink, you might miss it! Folks paying attention might hear the words "cherish" or "honor," but certainly won't hear either of us saying "obey," for instance.
That said, we're not veering overly far from the traditional format -- minus the churchy stuff -- of a marriage ceremony. Which is what makes the following exchange that transpired in our house yesterday so very entertaining. To me, anyway.
Me: ... so I was talking to [friend] about wedding stuff and how we're going to have such a short ceremony, and she asked whether we were going to have anyone do a reading...
The Awesome Fiance: You mean, like, with tarot cards?
I stopped laughing about ten minutes ago.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha!
Post a Comment