Thursday, December 10, 2009

It can be done!

I promise not to turn this into a full-fledged wedding blog... or anything close to it. But I saw something recently that inspired me.* And I don't mean "inspired" like "inspired to now require [xyz] element at our wedding" or "struck with the sudden desire to create an inspiration board" (they're great if you like them, but no, inspiration boards are not on the list of things I do).

What I'm talkin' about here is inspiration in a different sense. Like, "wow, that's inspirational!" "I didn't think a certain thing could be done, or I wasn't sure I could accomplish said thing, but now I believe it to be within my reach" kind of inspiration.

The Budget Savvy Bride (I may not create inspiration boards, but I do read some wedding blogs) featured a gorgeous wedding this week, with a stated budget of $7,500. (For those of you not planning or financing a wedding these days, that's, shall we say, near miraculous. Particularly given the results, as briefly evidenced below.) The budget isn't itemized, but that's fine, it still gives me a calm, happy feeling of hope that our budget friendly (partially out of necessity and partially on principle: we just don't think any one day should cost an exorbitant amount of money) nuptials could potentially be this lovely and enchanting.

To be fair, no, the ceiling at our reception won't look like that.



By all means, if you're so inclined, go check out the other beautiful photos from this beautiful wedding that cost $7,500. It's impressively affordable and just plain impressive!


*Err, two things. Stay tuned for the second one, and lots of other non-wedding-y things!

No comments: