Monday, December 21, 2009

Excellent Timing

Just yesterday, SuperFiance and I realized we need to figure out the menu for our second annual Christmas Brunch, a festive and delicious opportunity for us to bring our families together and celebrate the holiday. Cue merriment and conviviality and carols and joyous togetherness.

Right, so we'll need food. And what should Google Reader send my way, but a headline that fits the bill almost precisely: How to Host Brunch (and still sleep in)." I prefer to read it in my head as "How to Host Brunch (and still have time for opening presents and frenetically cleaning one's house before guests arrive)," but the point remains that the advice is greatly appreciated this week.

I take issue with the formulation of a fruit salad (which should be be granny smiths, underripe bananas, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, and orange juice, thank you very much), but otherwise I think the brunch guide is spot on. Thank you, Smitten Kitchen Deb! I see chive-buttermilk biscuits in our future!

No comments: