I feel like I should post something before we trade in 2009 for 2010. Some sort of retrospective account of the rollercoaster that was the previous twelve months, progress made, hurdles cleared, that sort of thing. To be honest, though, I'm not feelin' it today, so instead I'll give you a retrospective of a much more narrow scope: That Which I've Knit in 2009.
2009 was less prolific than 2008 (the sweater-a-month year), but the sweater obsession continued. I finished Thermal early in the year, so I suppose it should be included in the tally, even though that feels like ages ago. Francis Revisited has proven to be one of my most wearable sweaters, as the pilling along the sides of the torso shows (sigh). On days that I'm not likely to be eating or drinking anything that would stain if/when spilled, Surface, in white, has been getting some time in the wardrobe rotation.
Two sweaters were knit to the very end, never to see the light of day and be worn out of the house. Picovoli, knit in black cotton with long sleeves, was probably my favorite knit item ever, were it not for the neckline. The yarn drapes beautifully, the shaping and fit were perfect, but the neck edging curled too much even for me. It's been ripped out, and I'm halfway through a second attempt. Camden is suffering a similar, unwearable fate: the raglan cap sleeves are too... roomy, for lack of a better word, and the fabric bunches where it should be snug. I'll either rip this out too, or attempt some sort of sewing/steeking/hail mary rescue project.
Towards the end of the year, I knit this version of the Mrs. Darcy cardigan, and I wear it as often as I can get away with. I heart it. I also heart my second Coachella, but there haven't been too many opportunities to put it to use since it was finished at the end of the summer.
Right, and there was the Waist-Cincher Top, which I've already told you was a feeble success at best, to put it diplomatically.
So. That was my year of knitting. For the forseeable future (well, not really, but it feels that way), I'll be working on a surprise knitted gift of epic proportions -- we're talking 4500 yards of yarn here, people -- so the knitting updates will be nil for a while.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take a nap so I'll be able to stay awake and ring in the new year by dancing my tail off this evening. Best to you all for a happy and healthy 2010!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment