We don't give a recipe card to just any old list of ingredients, no sir. It has to be something we're rather impressed by and want to be able to recreate. I could certainly make this again without referring back to my notes, but the other purpose served by the recipe cards is to remind us to repeat dinners in the first place. If we're stumped for ideas, sometimes we'll flip through the cards and get re-inspired by something we'd completely forgotten about.
We can't forget about this one. It would be a travesty. So easy. So delicious.
Easiest, Tastiest Pork Chops
- fresh basil (I used 15 large leaves), chopped
- garlic (I used 4 cloves), minced
- juice of one lime (lemon would work also)
- pork chops (I used 5 or 6 of the really thinly cut type because they were on sale)
Put everything in a bowl and toss to coat the pork. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the pork in the skillet - if there's no sizzling sound, the skillet isn't hot enough. Cook until it starts to brown, then flip and reduce heat to just under medium. Depending on how thick the pork chops are, it could be another 2 to 10 (I'm guessing) minutes. When the chops feel less wiggly when you stab 'em with a fork, you can remove one to a plate and cut to the center to see if the pink is gone.
And that's it! Enjoy!

5 comments:
i JUST bought pork chops and have no clue how to make them. definitely will be trying this one.
That sounds so good. I think I'm going to have to try these.
Oh yay! I hope you like them! (If not, use my stand-by next time: sauteed with apricot preserves, brown mustard, and balsamic.)
Just wanted to thank you for the blog visit & comment (via Privilege).
This recipe looks delicious, by the way, and like something simple enough for me to attempt.
Aw, thank you! And definitely try the pork; I promise it's totally doable.
Post a Comment