Tuesday, September 6, 2011

anniversary mini-vacation: castine

The Awesome Husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary the other day (as I'm sure you could tell). I had vague plans to write up a post about marriage and teamwork and challenges and successes, but nope, you're getting a travel post. We went to Castine, Maine, an adorable seaside town, for a 24-hour mini-vacation.

We stayed at the Manor Inn, which was lovely and which we would absolutely recommend.







Breakfast at the Manor Inn was particularly delightful. Pecan waffles with fresh berries. Too delicious to be photographed.



We got spiffed up and went out for dinner:



Yes, there was food. No, we did not have only beer for dinner.


And we wandered around, admiring pretty buildings and historic sites:









So fun, so relaxing, so well-timed. Three cheers for Castine!

5 comments:

d-day said...

ahh yay maine! and happy anniversary! you two are so cute.

craftosaurus said...

Thanks, lady! And yes, three cheers for Maine. :)

Cynthia said...

That looks like a wonderful getaway for your anniversary!

craftosaurus said...

Indeed it was. :)

Lance said...

Happy Anniversary...i think you and I have the same eyeglasses.