Oh, you guys. This summer has been a whirlwind. And yes, yes, I know, summer doesn't *really* end for a few weeks, but Labor Day weekend is sort of the last hurrah psychologically, ya know?
Right now I'm in the home stretch in terms of work (one more day before a week of vacation!) and then that week off will sort of be the home stretch for some other stuff on my plate. Our first wedding anniversary is coming up, so the planning for that will be over soon. A dear friend is getting married, so the anticipation surrounding that will subside as well. I'm signed up to run in a 10k, so once that's over I'll be able to go running without spending a lot of mental energy on the "will I be able to beat my time from last year?" question.
Then around the next corner, the garden will start winding down. It'll be too cold to go kayaking. So I suppose I'm in the home stretch of trying to make the most of those things as well. The home stretch of having the gardening and the kayaking and all that competing for my time. (Other items will fill the void, I assure you.)
Mostly, though, it's the work thing. I need this week off so I can be more effective when I return. Come on, vacation! Home stretch!

No comments:
Post a Comment