Last year I ran my first (and only) 10k. It took me an hour and 13 minutes; I was pleased to've finished, but wished I'd done better. Perhaps I would have if I'd trained more, but, well, wedding planning and all that...
I signed up for the same event again this year, and it's happening this Sunday. I've been determined to train! And improve my time! Yes! I was doing ok - stressing about whether I was really doing *enough* but at least doing something - up until this past weekend, when tragedy struck.*
I stumbled over my own foot (and a poorly marked step, but it's funnier to say I tripped on myself). I soldiered on through some pain for several hours, and the next day I had difficulty walking. It's been improving steadily since, but it's still anyone's guess whether I'll be able to run on Sunday, not to mention any more training runs this week.
Based on the fact that my left ankle is still swollen to roughly twice the size of the right one, I'd say it isn't looking too good.
*I should say, too, that the weekend was lovely, for reasons I'll explain later.

2 comments:
OH NO. this is awful!
Ha! That's excellent validation, thank you!
I might end up cheering on The Awesome Husband and his mom, who'll be running. Ooh, and if I do that, the silver lining can be that I can be that person cheering on complete strangers. I love when strangers cheer me on during a race. (We're Mainers. It's rare.)
I'd still rather run it, though.
Post a Comment