Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sorely Needed

... and I say that because (1) I'm clearly uninspired as far as content to post -- hi there, it's been since Thursday, hmm? -- and (2) I've been a little bit of a crankypants lately.  Such is the way of those who spend their work days finding and fixing other people's mistakes.

Annnnd so, for these reasons, I give you....

A second-string gratitude list (first-string would, of course, include the obvious, the cliche, the vomit-inducing, and thus is excluded).

1.  New boots that are comfy and stylin' and cost me less than a tank of gas.

2.  The ability to spell most words without looking them up.  As much as it drives me batty when others don't take the time to use spellcheck (people! at a minimum, at least use spellcheck!), I'm fortunate to have the knowledge and aptitude to be aware of most errors.

3.  NPR.  I remember thinking to myself maybe five years ago that I wished I was the type of person who listened to NPR. At the time, I gave it a half-hearted attempt, but it didn't stick.  I gave up, and yet somehow I've gradually morphed into an avid listener.

4.  This week's weather forecast: running outside is within reach.

5.  Cantaloupe. I've eaten three this week.  What?  They were on sale.

4 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Picture of the boots formally requested.

Kelly

craftosaurus said...

Soon! The only photo I have of them now is from my phone, and it doesn't do them justice.

Andria Crowjoy said...

Cantaloupe is a word I am always surprised I can spell without looking up.

craftosaurus said...

Ha, you know, I actually double checked it when I wrote this post.