Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finished: Stripey Buttony Cardigan

This is a warm and cozy one, for sure. Icelandic wool (purchased in Iceland!) will do that. You know what else it'll do? Require layering. Wow, that's some itchy yarn.

Pattern -- Buttony by Katie Marcus (ravelry page here)
Yarn -- Alafoss Lopi, purchased here.
Needles -- US size 8





9 comments:

robot pixie said...

I've always wanted to make that pattern. Sadly, I still have a Fitted Knits WIP waiting for me to finish the arms, so starting a new sweater isn't gonna happen any time soon. I'll be thrilled to find time to work on a hat!

craftosaurus said...

For what it's worth, Buttony is fantastic TV knitting (or multitasking knitting in general).

Which Fitted Knits sweater is it?

Justin said...

Does it breath or will you probably have to wait until winter again to get to wear it? It looks heavy.

Andria Crowjoy said...

Icelandics were the sheep we entertained getting, but decided against because, well, we don't spin! And it's such an overcoat type/weight we didn't think it would be as popular for just selling as raw fleece. And now we don't want sheep at all, so there. :D

craftosaurus said...

Justin: it certainly isn't a summer sweater! I cab probably use it a bit longer, especially in weekends if I'm outside and I'd otherwise wear a jacket.

Crow: I don't spin either (and I can't start! got enough hobbies as it is...). If I had a farm with critters for fiber, though, I would definitely go with angora bunnies instead of sheep: adorable and space-saving. (Though I did LOVE the sheep we drove by outside of Reykjavik.)

Katie said...

I know I'm a few days behind -- but wow, that sweater is pretty much adorable. Wish I had your knitting skillz.

craftosaurus said...

Oh, compliments are welcome at any time. :) Thanks, Katie!

Farmer Jo said...

That sweater is beautiful, even if a bit itchy! :) You have a knitting gift

craftosaurus said...

Thanks so much, Made of Sun and Farmer Jo! :)