Sunday, January 23, 2011

The "worth it"s have it.

Well. I sure know what to post about the next time I want to get lots of comment-discussion going! I never guessed folks would be so adamant about the merits of Twitter.

I figured what the heck, I've already got an account, might as well give it the old college try. Or the old half-hearted, when I feel so inclined, anemic pseudo-effort. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I was mostly won over by the folks who indicated that this approach would be perfectly acceptable. So go ahead and follow me if you like (same name as I use here), though I'm not sure how much I'll have to say.

Incidentally, this whole I-can-follow-people-who-don't-follow-me concept reminded me of a post I thought about a few weeks ago and never actually wrote: who I'd invite to my ideal hypothetical dinner party. You know, famous people who seem like (or have marketed themselves effectively to seem like) all-around awesome, funny, intelligent winning-at-life type folks. Must give it some more thought, though, as I can only remember two of the people I thought of then. If famous people are going to show up to my imaginary dinner party, certainly my imaginary table can seat more people than that.

5 comments:

liz said...

boo i missed the twitter debate. i'm now questioning if i should start a pinterest. this computer is taking over my life.

craftosaurus said...

Oh gawd, pinterest. I've only sort of half heard of that, and I really need it to stay that way.

L said...

I should have added that I think twitter is probably only worth it if you have constant internet access via your phone, and I don't. So my opinion is biased because of that.

Andria Crowjoy said...

I much prefer flapping to tweeting.

craftosaurus said...

L, that makes total sense. I think I'd feel the same way.

Crow, just for you, I'll try to incorporate more flapping....