Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scenic? Not so much.

But at least it'll be protected from the groundhogs.  We hope.

In the first, closest bed, we've got peas, lettuce, leeks, and string beans (not yet germinated).  In the middle bed, there's spinach, radishes, beets, and more peas.  The last bed has tomatoes, basil (not yet germinated), and cucumbers (again, as yet invisible). 

The greenery in front of Fred (everyone, meet Fred, our shed... yes, we're ridiculous dorks around here, but you knew that, right?) is a small patch of raspberries.  It actually pales in comparison to the wild raspberries we found at the edge of our property *after* we planted these guys. 

4 comments:

Cameron said...

I love Fred, your shed.

Also love the garden beds. Ours are similarly un-scenic, but we're battling rabbits here.

Today I saw one pea shoot and one pole bean shoot - Yay! Only a dozen more to germinate.

Mark may think I'm crazy the way I stand around and watch the garden grow...

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN RASPBERRY PATCH. No. Way. Jealous.

And Fred? Yup. Did you meet Harry our Pod?

Kelly

craftosaurus said...

Glad to hear that everyone likes Fred! :) (Ha! Harry. Love it.)

CDG, inspecting the garden's progress is one of my favorite things to do. I'm occasionally a little disappointed to find there isn't much weeding to do, because I love the methodical, contemplative, observation of weeding. If you're crazy, I am too.

Kelly, yep, we have wild raspberries growing on the edge of the yard. Not enough to necessarily call it a patch, but we got maybe a handful of berries every couple days last year, and this was at the very end of the season. We also have strawberries (planted, not wild) in the front yard that have taken off with flowers and unripe berries so far. SuperFiance really wishes we had blueberries too, but I don't know if we have any sunny real estate left to use...

L said...

I also love Fred, the shed.

Good luck with the raspberries. They can really take over if you are not careful.

The fence around your garden looks like a high-security prison. Look out, groundhogs!