Senor Stupendous and I went to dinner here over the weekend. Yum and a half. My maple-glazed pork chop and his perfectly cooked lamb were both amazing. The pear sorbet they brought us between courses was unexpected and lovely. And don't get me started on the organic hefeweizen from Germany.
The flavor and texture combination that continues to haunt me, though, is the bread and butter: springy, delicate, herbed focaccia with chive butter I can only assume contained additional mystery ingredients as well (garlic, lemon juice, and highly addictive narcotics are all strong contenders).
Filling up on the contents of our twice-filled bread basket meant I was too full to contemplate even splitting one of the available confections (though the Meyer lemon tart did its best to tempt me). On the other hand, though, I was also too engrossed in the carb-and-butter goodness to give more than a passing thought to the alarmingly close proximity of our table to our fellow diners and the path of server traffic. The chive butter (and the conversation!) was more than good enough to distract me from the close quarters.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds great! I'm not a butter fan but that bread sounds awesome.
Yeah, I can see myself spending a fair amount of time trying to recreate both...
Post a Comment