Friday, May 28, 2010

Harvest, future and present

Our strawberry plants are doing really well this year.  See all those flowers and teeny yellow berries?  If they can survive the hungry woodland creatures (they're not fenced in) I suspect we'll have a lot more edible strawberries than we did last year. 

We've already harvested some edible veggies.  There's been enough baby spinach for a couple salads, leaving behind plenty to keep growing.  And the radishes -- oh, the radishes.  I plant rows of them every year because they grow quickly and gardening is more fun when things grow quickly.  I'm not a huge fan, though, especially when they've matured enough to be quite spicy.  For now, we've been putting them in salads, but we've barely made a dent in the crop.  Must research other ways to use them up, or start giving them away to friends and family, as we did last year with cucumbers.

I really wish I had a knitting "harvest" to share as well, but alas, I do not.  Super-secret Gift Knitting project is about 80% done, so I feel like I'm almost, *almost* in the home stretch.  When that's behind me, I can knit something new and different!  Rejoice!  I predict a twirly happy dance of celebration... followed by complete and utter indecision.

No comments: