Monday, May 24, 2010

Hidden option C strikes again.

I know I've talked a bunch about the pendulum of social engagements, and how it feels like we're (I'm) always either overwhelmed with (admittedly, very fun) plans, or feeling bored and disconnected from our friends and families when our calendar isn't awash with ink.

I'm here to report that there's also a third option: feeling disconnected from friends and family, but decidedly not bored. There's been plenty to do, what with getting the gardens up and running, prioritizing fitness and activity every day, tackling plumbing repairs, and -- oh yeah -- planning a wedding. I swore up and down that I wouldn't become one of *those people* who eat, sleep, and breathe nuptial topics, and I think so far I've been steering clear of that territory, but I will say we've had to devote more time and attention to the process than I'd expected.

This week ahead of us includes four fun social events. I'm looking forward to each of them, but oh man, I'm also looking forward to the three day holiday weekend coming up, in large part to cross a whole slew of items off our various to do lists.

Does that count as balance?

No comments: