When all else fails and one has nothing interesting to say, one can never go wrong with a second-string gratitude list.
1. Cinnamon-hazelnut coffee from a french press.
2. Watching Meet the Press every Sunday morning with a mug of said coffee and an intelligent, interested, and interesting SuperFiance. (Wait, that's approaching first-string gratitude. Ok, let's just say Meet the Press.)
3. Getting the lawn mowed before 8:00am, when the street is still quiet and the sun is still low.
4. Having gutters set up and ready for the rain barrel we're getting next week.
5. Finding a place to plant some asparagus, once and for all.
It was a good weekend, y'all.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I planted asperagus for the first time too! My parents had a patch when I was a teenager and oh man, standing in sun-warmed soil snapping off new shoots and eating them right in the garden is the best!
I can hardly wait.
It's going to be so difficult to keep from eating the first year's offerings! I keep hearing that you're supposed to wait to harvest anything until the second year, but mannnnn, asparagus is yummy!
Whoops, responded to your comment when I was logged into the wrong google account! That was me inadvertently in cognito.
Post a Comment