Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chicago: The Post Where I Make an Actual Effort

Don't worry, when the SuperFiance and I went to Chicago, we took more photos and saw more stuff than just the giant mirrored bean in Millennium Park. (But trust me, if you visit Chicago, check out the bean.) We spent time with friends, we people watched, and pointed and gawked at lots of pretty buildings with amazing architecture. And yes, we captured some of it in pictures.

I think there was definitely some pointing and gawking when we were standing at this building:



And I'm guessing some of the locals were pointing and snickering at my touristiness when I held my camera up to the glass (but who cares, I like the photo):



We walked to Wrigley Field:



... and then, apparently, we time traveled:

SuperFiance loves those camera settings.



We strolled through the city and took it all in:

There were trees everywhere. Major points for Chicago.



... and here's one more of the bean, to show you how bean-y it really is, and because it makes me happy:




Word to the wise: if you're thinking of checking out the bean (and you should -- have I mentioned that you should?), try to plan that for a sunny morning immediately following a downpour. That might give you a better chance of taking some close up photos without fingerprint smudges all over the place. Three guesses how I know that...

No comments: