... and it's super simple, too:
5 or 6 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
plus
a medium onion, peeled and cut in half
plus
about 4 tbsp of butter
plus
an hour of simmering
equals
ohmygoodness, one of most delicious things I've ever tasted.
(I got the idea from Smitten Kitchen, and I'd totally send you over there via a link if I wasn't posting from my phone. You all have Google. You'll find it.)
... What, you thought I was going in a different direction there? As in "wedding shower plus gorgeous weather plus getting things accomplished equals AWESOME," or the like? Well yeah, that too. But more on my weekend later. Go try the tomato stuff.

2 comments:
i don't know what it is.
but i think i like it.
Good point, I forgot to specify what it's a recipe *for*... it was intended to be pasta sauce, but I'm just as happy to pretend it's a soup. Bonus points for a hunk of really good bread dipped in it.
Post a Comment