
Remember when I said we had lots of tomatoes on the plants but they were stubbornly refusing to ripen? Well, they've apparently realized that resistance is futile.
We've picked what you see here, plus what we've eaten and given away so far (probably about the equivalent of what's in this photo). Lots of their friends are still outside in various stages of ripeness.
So far we've had lots of sandwiches and salads, and we made the soup/sauce/whatever-it-is deliciousness I raved about earlier this week. And yet, there's barely a dent made, so some new recipes would be great to try. Anyone have a favorite to share?
(And yes, I know, we should can them. Next year. Cannot fathom taking on canning until next year.)

4 comments:
To eat them fresh, I love salsa, sauce, gazpacho, tomato salad w/moz and basil, or chopped into a salad of barley, parsley and onion with EVOO and spices.
You can also freeze bulk tomatoes for soup and freeze sauce. I think I actually prefer my sauce frozen. Oven-dried tomatoes are good for soups in winter too.
I like to put them in pasta: sautee them with some onions and basil, or eggplant and thyme, mix up with fresh pasta and you're good to go.
I love fresh tomatoes on bagels/toast. You could also make tabouleh.
Mmmm, yummy ideas, you guys! Thanks!
WOW. Lucky you! The pests got to most of my tomatoes this year :(. Maybe I'll be overrun with tomatoes next year...
Post a Comment