Saturday, July 31, 2010

It's a start.

Have I mentioned that we (along with a team of helpers) are growing our own wedding flowers?  Maybe once or twice?  Yeah.  I think I've also talked about how much slower flowers are to grow than vegetables, yes?

Well.  We finally have some things in bloom.  There's some time remaining for the others to catch up -- thank goodness -- but the zinnias, at least, won't let us down entirely.  And in the meantime, the fact that they're annuals leaves us no choice but to spur additional growth by cutting the blooms we have now.   The stove top is graciously taking one for the team.

2 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Lovely! I keep hearing zinnias are super easy, therefore tempting me to try them -- aside from the fact that they're gorgeous, too.

Kelly

p.s. Thank you! It's Eddie Bauer Vintage Gray in Satin on the walls and Oyster in Semi-gloss on the doors and trim.

craftosaurus said...

Yes, zinnias are apparently foolproof. You'd have to plant a fresh batch every year, but once they're in the ground, they appear to be almost maintenance free (and yes, gorgeous).

Thanks for the paint info!