Saturday, July 17, 2010

small victory

The Awesome Fiance and I had a limited amount of time for a recent running workout, so I figured that I, at least, would use the opportunity to work on my speed.  The Awesome Fiance is a naturally faster runner than I am, but he's gracious enough to slow down to my pace.  Speed work for me is entirely comfortable for him.  And I usually focus on speed when I'm running by myself, whereas when we run together, we go slowly and add distance.

Anyway, so the victory: I can now say that I've run a 9:40 mile without the assistance of a treadmill (the conveyor belt and the constant pacing feedback are both helpful).  It certainly helped that he (unintentionally) gave me an inaccurate answer when I asked for a time check near the end, though. Whatever, I'll take it.  And the two miles in twenty minutes and a few seconds, I'll take those too.   

No comments: