Monday, April 20, 2009

Return to Normalcy

Well. After a blockbuster of a post like the last one, I'm thinking the best way to ease back into normalcy is to swing to the other end of the excitement spectrum, particularly through the use of a list. You know, really own the banality.

1. Gratitude. To all of you lovelies who've sent warm congratulatory wishes, here, across the interwebs through other channels, in person, via smoke signal, and so forth.

2. Knitting. I gift knitted again! And forgot to take photos again! I made a belated baptism gift in the form of a stuffed bunny wearing a sweater. Before you begin to suspect that I've made peace with double pointed needles, I'll clarify that the bunny pattern called for only flat knitting, otherwise I'd never have attempted it. Seriously. As much as I hate seaming, it's still preferable to the DPNs. Picovoli's still plugging along too; have got approximately 1.3 sleeves left to go.

3. Gardening. Windowsill seedlings are doing well. The Awesome Fiance (eee!) and I made two raised beds out of lumber, and started filling them with dirt this weekend. Still need to wrap that up, but our dirt source was closed yesterday and is again today. Tomorrow and Wednesday, though, are likely to be rainy, so we're looking at maybe Thursday for Operation Garden Infrastructure Completion. Lettuce, spinach, and beet seeds could go in the ground any day now, if I'm not mistaken, so I'm antsy.

4. Job search. Still slow. Still frustrating.

No comments: