Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Post for Which All Possible Titles Feel Insufficient

I know why you're all here. I know why you were all here yesterday (definite spike in traffic, that's for sure!), and I'm sorry you found only old, stale, non-sparkly posts when you stopped by. In my defense, the delay was primarily caused by the fact that photographing sparkly items is more difficult than I realized.

Today, we've got sparkle. Literally and figuratively, lots of sparkle.

For those of you who may be out of the loop, I had an Extremely Eventful Easter (hey, how's that for a coincidence: EEE, which I've been saying quite a lot lately). Mr. Terrific and I decided to fit in a quick local hike before a holiday dinner with my family. There's a network of wooded trails about five minutes from our house, complete with the only naturally occurring waterfall within the city limits. It's actually pretty wilderness-y, and you'd never know you're within a stone's throw of the local shopping mall. Very cool.

Anyway, Mr. Terrific's hike suggestion was purportedly for the purpose of assessing the terrain for the hiking season ahead. Examine the level of muddiness and remaining snow, that sort of thing. I'd previously joked that proposing to me by a waterfall would be unwise, because my clumsiness could potentially lead to some sort of ring-getting-washed-away scenario. Because that's definitely in the category of Jokes Founded on a Kernel of Truth, and because we were there for the specific reason of trail condition evaluation, I wasn't overly suspicious of a proposal during the hike.

I, however, was wrong, which I realized after we sat on a bench overlooking the waterfall for a few minutes and Mr. Terrific turned to kneel in front of me. He'd prepared the most perfect few sentences - eloquent, romantic, and heartfelt - to preface the presentation of my engagement ring.



It's lovely. He's lovely. I consider myself the luckiest woman on earth, having the opportunity to share a lifetime of adventures with him.

6 comments:

uncommon jasmine said...

hoooooraaaaaaay! gorgeous!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more exclaimation points!!!!!!!

fibby said...

Congrats! Great post, and definitely worth waiting for. :-)

Heather said...

What a beautiful story. Oh, and the ring is pretty great too.

Sarah said...

So happy for you!!! Congrats! Now we definitely have to get together soon!

Unknown said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! (Welcome to the crazy world of wedding planning!)

E said...

Congrats! That is a great story and filled with sweet sentiment. Yay for lifelong happiness!