Saturday, August 27, 2011

¡Olé!

I had the great pleasure of co-hosting a shower today to honor one of my dearest friends who'll be getting married soon. She and her soon-to-be husband will be honeymooning on a cruise to Mexico, so we went with a fiesta theme. She also happens to really like margaritas, so it worked out well.

Hey, speaking of: if you want to make really excellent margaritas without using a mix, here's whatcha do, as I learned this weekend:
- Juice a bunch of limes. Like, 8 limes to get a cup of lime juice. For this event, I needed 3 cups. Yeah. A lotta limes.
- Make a little bit of simple syrup. .25c water + .25c sugar + low heat, until dissolved.
- Mix those two together with 3c of tequila and 2c of triple sec.
- Pour into glasses that have been rimmed with salt (use a lime wedge to make the rims wet, then dip in a plate of salt).


I also made a cake with the happy couple's wedding "logo" on it -- their initials, morphed into an infinity symbol (awwww!). It got a little smushed in transit, but it was still tasty.


We didn't play shower games, but we did make a hat/bouquet out of wrapping paper and ribbons. This might be the only instance where one object can double as both a hat and a bouquet, both of which are a bit of a stretch.


A lovely afternoon was had by all. Us bridesmaids were so happy to shower the bride with love.


And see, I told you it was fiesta themed!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like you were a lovely host! nice job :)

craftosaurus said...

One of the other bridesmaids was kind enough to open up her (more spacious) home for everyone, but it was a team effort... so thanks! :)

Andria Crowjoy said...

Good job! I like their date!

craftosaurus said...

Thanks! Yeah, they licked out with the numbers. :)