Monday, July 25, 2011

You know you're old when...

... someone asks your age, and you misquote it.

Not because you're trying to deceive anyone into thinking you're younger than you really are, but because you just plain forgot  about a birthday.  And then had to do the math to figure out the right answer. 

Yes, really.

In related news, I *might* be working too hard these days.  Maybe.

8 comments:

Kate Not Katy said...

I have totally done that too. For some reason, there is a little part of my brain that perpetually thinks I am 19. Yeah, not even close these days.

girltuesday said...

you don't look a day over twenty-five, sweet pea.

ps. i dig kate not katy's blog name! awesome :)

craftosaurus said...

Ha! I wouldn't go back to 19 if you paid me. Or 25, for that matter.

And yeah, when I mention either of you to The Awesome Husband, I have to add a modifier: initials or by state of residence. :D

Kate Not Katy said...

Oh, I totally don't want to be 19 again either, except at that point I didn't have crow's feet or forehead lines.

HOW THE HELL AM I OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE FOREHEAD LINES??????

Ahem. Sorry 'bout the yelling. :)

And thanks, girltuesday!

craftosaurus said...

I've never noticed forehead lines on you, but if you think they're there and don't like them, you could get a haircut with bangs. Problem solved!

Kate Not Katy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry, laughing at the idea of me with bangs. I shall have to find an old pic of me with them for proof as to why they don't work with my hair, but let's just say "prominent front-of-hairline cowlick" and leave it at that. :) The last time I trimmed my bangs was the night of HS graduation and I spent the next year growing them out.

Lisa said...

yes! I definitely think that means you deserve a break soon!

craftosaurus said...

Ha! Lisa, kindly tell that to my boss please? :-P