The first time I grew sweetpeas was completely by accident. I thought I was buying pea plants at the farmer's market (have we gone over how much I love fresh peas? I think we have...), and I was really bummed when I realized I'd only bought flowers. (Yeah, they were pretty. Whatever.)
I planted sweetpea seeds intentionally early last spring, even though they're technically supposed to be planted in the fall so they bloom in early spring. My intent was to trick mother nature into having them bloom in time for our wedding. Take a guess how that went. They grew leaves and more leaves and then -- wait! -- more leaves, but of course no flowers last year. This year they bypassed "early spring" and decided to break out the flowers in July. Alright then.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
they look wonderful! you picked such lovely flowers to plant
Aw, you are too wonderful, with all your kind comments. :)
Post a Comment