So apparently self-imposed blog rules (must post about something other than ice cream, peas, or Cecil), only serve to keep me from posting for a week.
I don't think we're going to have quite the avalanche of raspberries that we saw with the peas (are seeing... wait, no, can't blog about the peas today!), but they're certainly doing respectably. I was worried last week that they were sputtering out before they'd really done much of anything, but that apparently was only my impatient nature talking. A few days after I'd written them off, I took another look, and KAPOW, tons of raspberries. And by "tons," I mean about 50. Numerically, that sounds like a lot, but it translates to about a half a cup. Ok, I suppose it is quite a lot considering it's from plants that take up only 2 square feet of the yard.
They're impressive! ... but not really! ... ok, maybe they are! Anyway, they're tasty.
We probably won't have enough berries to make any recipes. I for one am not going to put in a whole lot of effort for a few tablespoons of jam. But I betcha my cereal will be pretty darn tasty tomorrow with these in the bowl.

3 comments:
aw those look great! I have such fond memories of eating raspberries and blackberries that once grew wild in my parents backyard
Yeah, our long-range plan for the backyard is to have raspberries and blueberries all along the back and the side. Blackberries, you say? Hmmm, might have to investigate those too...
Thank yyou for sharing this
Post a Comment