Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Free Money

Yes, really.

ingdirect.com, an online bank that offers competitive interest rates and charges no annual fee, has always offered a referral bonus for new members. Through the end of April, though, they're upping the ante with an enhanced referral promotion.

If you open a new ingdirect account through a referral email, they'll give you $25, and they'll give me $20.

Sound too good to be true? Not really, but there are some limitations. The program is only for new customers, so if you've already got a savings account with them, opening a checking account won't cut it. They're also limiting the referral bonuses to one per household, and any new account needs to be opened with at least $250 to qualify.

I actually started my first ingdirect account through the referral program, back in the day. Several years later, I've been nothing but happy with them. Try 'em out to see for yourself, and get some free money while you're at it.

If you'd like me to send you a referral, leave me a comment with your email address. I'll send you an email to get your first and last name (if I don't already know it), which is needed for the referral form.

Hooray for free money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my ING account. When I'm ready to buy a house, I hope that their mortgage rate is competitive, because I'd really like to have my loan serviced by a good customer-friendly company and not by one of the big monster mega-banks.