Parts of being unemployed for most of 2009 were pretty great. Not the financial stress or the constant rejection or the uncertainty, that's for sure. But oh, the available time I had! Hours on end for errands and cleaning and hobbies and socializing. That part was lovely.
I'm realizing that perhaps I have too many interests. That sounds awfully depressing, though: shouldn't one be interested in lots of things, and be thankful for all the interestingness in the world rather than shutting it out? I like knitting. I like reading, using the artistic and intellectual parts of my brain, and learning about fascinating topics. I like cooking healthy, tasty dinners. I like exercising and feeling all healthy and strong. I like good conversations with quality people. See my predicament? Which of those items should I cut back on? There's no good answer there.
Something has to change, though. I'm the type who needs (NEEDS) at least 8 hours of sleep, and probably an hour itself just to *get* to sleep. Figure in 9 hours a day for work and commuting, plus an hour to get ready each morning, and that leaves five hours -- not nearly enough time to go to the gym, cook dinner, have a substantial conversation with The Awesome Fiance (or anyone else, for that matter), and throw anything else fun into the mix. And yes, I want to have each of those elements in every day, or at least most days.
I think I'm asking too much, and that makes me sad.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment